Scheduling Successful Employer Information Sessions
An Employer Information Session is an educational presentation that allows organizations to communicate their brand and mission, and describe opportunities and career paths with students. With more than 300 employer information sessions being conducted throughout the year, there is a great deal of competition for student attention. Planning an event that is appropriate for your firm's hiring needs and presence on campus is the best road to success. We strongly recommend that your organization
schedules one employer information session representing the different functions for which you
are hiring rather than a separate session for each function or
division. You may want to discuss your plans with the Recruiting Managers
We ask all organizations, regardless of where your information
session will be held, to adhere to our Employer Information Session
procedures. It is imperative that we be aware of all of your recruiting
activities so that we may advertise them to our student body,
facilitate your visit and assist, wherever possible, in avoiding
scheduling conflicts. Please Note: We do not schedule competing employers in the same time-slot.
The first available information session date is Wednesday, August 27, 2014. Employer Information Sessions are hour-long events, beginning on the hour, Monday to Thursday, from 4:00pm to 9:00pm.
To increase your visibility on campus, you should consider attending our fall corporate career fair, Career Link
(for opportunities in business), which typically attracts over 1,400
students. To promote engineering and technical opportunities, you should
attend the fall Engineering Career Day
which also typically attracts over 1,400 students. To view a
comprehensive list of career fairs organized by Career Services, please
Employer Information Session Procedures
Schedule your interview dates PRIOR to scheduling an
information session, so you can plan the timing of your session
accordingly. We find the most effecrtive time to have your general Employer Information Session is during the student resume submission period. It is imperative you be aware of recruiting deadlines and
holidays that may affect participation at your event. Please see the
2014-2015 On-Campus Recruiting Deadlines Calendar
and Academic Calendar
for important university recruiting dates and deadlines.
Requests to schedule employer information sessions during the 2014-2015 Academic Term will be accepted in PennLink
(not via email or telephone) beginning at 12:00
noon EDT on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 for Pathways advertisers and
corporate donors. All other employers may submit their requests
starting Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 12:00 noon EDT.
- After logging into PennLink, click the "Request New OCR Employer Information Session" link.
- Complete and submit the Information Session form. Make sure to include all
fields. Be sure to select an alternate presentation date in the event
your first choice is not available. You will need to complete a
separate form for each presentation you wish to schedule.
- Please be patient in awaiting your information session confirmation from the On-Campus Recruiting office.
for arranging audiovisual support, catering, and the shipment of
materials for your employer information session can be viewed here.
Publicity & Marketing
- Advertise your session in The Daily Pennsylvanian, the student newspaper. Ads placed a few days before and on the day of the presentation seem to get the most response. Since fewer students have classes on Friday, advertising on earlier weekdays is most effective.
- Your employer information session will be publicized online in both the University-wide Calendar and PennLink, our online recruiting system. This advertising is only done if your information session was coordinated through the On-Campus Recruiting office.
- If you are having an information session the Night Before your interviews, it is very strongly suggested that you contact all students on your schedules to invite them to attend - otherwise, they may think it is an optional event.
For questions about Employer Information Sessions not answered here, please contact us.