E-mail Distribution List Information
For Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
As a service to Penn graduate students, graduate alumni and current postdocs, Career Services maintains 20+ e-mail distribution lists. We send out information about jobs in many fields, including academia, program and workshop announcements and funding opportunities. Penn graduate students, graduate alumni, and current postdocs are welcome to sign up. Please note: if you add your name to multiple lists, you may receive duplicate messages.
Navigate this page:
To subscribe, please read the descriptions below and then click HERE to complete the online registration form. We update our lists WEEKLY, so please allow at least 7 days before you start receiving e-mails.
LISTSERV DESCRIPTIONS (This service is only for current Penn graduate students, alumni of graduate programs and current postdocs.)
- PhD, First Year (FIRSTYEARPHD) -- for first-year PhD students in all fields.
* * * *
- Business (GRADBUSINESS) -- for graduate students in Economics and for students working on a Ph.D. in Wharton's fields of specialization. Graduate students and postdocs interested in receiving information about jobs in business are welcome to subscribe
- Design (GRADDESIGN) -- for graduate students and recent graduates of PennDesign
- Design Alumni (DESIGNALUMNI) -- for alumni who finished degrees several years ago. Only job postings will be sent to this list.
- Engineering, Doctoral (DOCTSEASA) -- for School of Engineering and Applied Science PhD students and postdocs
- Education: Academic (EDACAD) -- for doctoral students in the Graduate School of Education interested in academic careers
- Education: Higher Education (HEDADMIN) -- for students in the Graduate School of Education who seek careers in the higher education administration or management
- Education: Human Services (EDPSYCH) -- for students in the Graduate School of Education who are interested in counseling and psychological services
- Education: K-12 Administration (K12ADMIN) -- for students in the Graduate School of Education looking to be come private or public school administrators or supervisors
- Education: K-12 Teachers (K12TEACH) -- for students in the Graduate School of Education who are interested in becoming teachers or reading specialists
- Education: Policy/Research/Non-Profit Administration (EDPOLRESNP) -- for students in the Graduate School of Education looking to work in education-related policy/research, program development or non-profit administration
- Humanities (GRADHUMANITIESB) -- for students working on graduate degrees in all fields of the humanities
- Life Sciences (GRADLIFESCIA) -- for doctoral students in Biology and in Biomedical Graduate Studies, biomedical/life science postdocs, and those in environmental research fields
- Nursing: Academic (NURACAD) -- for doctoral students in the School of Nursing interested in academic careers
- Nursing: Administration and Leadership (NURADMIN) -- for graduate students in the School of Nursing interested in healthcare administration and management
- Nursing: Clinical (NURCLIN) -- for graduate students in the School of Nursing interested in advanced practice clinical positions
- Nursing: Policy/Research/Consulting (NURPOLRES) -- for students in the School of Nursing interested in health related policy, research, and consulting
- Nursing Alumni (NURSEALUM) -- for alumni of the School of Nursing
- Physical Science and Mathematics (GRADPHYSCIB) -- for graduate students and postdocs in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and related fields
- Public Policy, Environmental Policy and Criminal Justice (PUBLICPOLICY) -- for students in the Fels School of Government, the Master's programs in Criminology and Public Health, and those interested in environmental policy
- Social Policy and Practice: Academic (SP2ACAD) -- for doctoral students in the School of Social Policy & Practice interested in academic careers
- Social Policy and Practice: Clinical (SP2CLIN) -- for students and alumni of the School of Social Policy & Practice who are interested in direct service
- Social Policy and Practice: Macro/Policy/Research/NPL (SP2MACRO) -- for students and alumni of the School of Social Policy & Practice who are interested in administration, policy and leadership
- Social Sciences and Communication (GRADSSA) -- for graduate students in the social sciences, Annenberg School for Communication and related fields
CLICK HERE to register for any list.
Digesting messages allows you to receive one daily message that contains all the individual emails sent to a particular list in a 24-hour period. Digesting will limit the number of messages you receive in a day, but it also means that you will not receive immediate postings and announcements as they are sent out by Career Services. For example, if there was a last-minute room change for a program or workshop that was sent to the listserv, you might not receive the notice until later in the day. To adjust your settings to "digest," send a message to LISTSERV@LISTS.UPENN.EDU with the following text in the body of the email: SET (INSERT ABBREVIATED LISTSERV NAME HERE) DIGEST HTML. Abbreviated listserv names can be found above, before each list's description. Example: To digest the messages you receive from the Design list, your message should read, "SET GRADDESIGN DIGEST HTML"; for Life Sciences, SET GRADLIFESCIA DIGEST HTML; etc.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM A LIST
To unsubscribe, send a message to LISTSERV@LISTS.UPENN.EDU with “SIGNOFF (ABBREVIATED NAME OF LIST)” in both the subject line and body of the email. The listserv's abbreviated name, which you need to unsubscribe, can be found within parentheses above, before each list's description. For example, if you are on the Physical Science list, the subject line and message would be SIGNOFF GRADPHYSCIB. For Public Policy, SIGNOFF PUBLIC POLICY, for Business SIGNOFF GRADBUSINESS, etc.
You should receive an automatic confirmation that you’ve unsubscribed. If you have any questions, or any of the commands you send fail, please send a message to email@example.com.