Supporting students seeking careers in the public interest
Civic House strives to provide programming for students interested in pursuing careers in the public interest. This includes engaging alumni to discuss their careers with students, hosting public interest career panels, and working with Career Services to present workshops that will support students seeking these types of careers. Please see the list of events below to find out what activities are taking place at Civic House this semester.
Serving the Public Interest in the Private Sector
March 24th, 2014 5:30 pm @ Civic House Living Room (3914 Locust Walk)
Pizza will be served. RSVP REQUIRED: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/publicinterestpanel
Yes, you can do both! Come learn about public interest career opportunities available within the private sector. During this panel, you will have an opportunity to learn from first-hand accounts of people working within the private sector who have made innovative, notable contributions to the public interest. Bring a friend and a question!
- Founder and President of United By Blue, a Philadelphia-based sustainable apparel company that links every sale with a concrete environmental initiative
- Consultant at Schultz & Williams, a national consulting firm dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations
- Co-Founder and CEO of Humanistic Robotics, Inc., a company that provides solutions to dirty and dangerous problems
- Principal and Founder of PlusUs, an educational design consultancy that creates contemporary learning communities and curriculum
- Co-founder and Managing Director, ResponsEcology, Inc., a Philadelphia based sustainability and change management firm