Penn Student Intervention Services (SIS) assists the University community in handling emergencies or critical incidents involving the welfare and safety of students.
The SIS teams work in partnership with the Offices of Counseling and Psychology Services (CAPS), the Chaplain's Office, and Special Services in the Division of Public Safety to manage cases involving major critical incidents. The SIS team utilizes a network of University resources and administrators to:
- Support the direct provision of services to students and others impacted by an emergency or crisis situation
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of the affected student(s)
- Help coordinate the dissemination of information to key University partners, family, and community members as needed
- Provide case management and collaborative follow-up services as needed
- Serve as a consultant for administrators and faculty from schools across the university regarding issues that affect academic performance, psychological and physical well being of individual students
- Support the stability and needs of the University community at large through emergent or crisis periods
SIS is convened through VPUL, working closely with Penn's 12 schools, the Department of Public Safety, Penn Police Special Services/Victim Support, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Health Service, College Houses and Academic Services, the Office of Alcohol and Other Drug Program Initiatives, the Office of the Chaplain, and other University centers.
Missing Students Notification Policy
Campus Emergency Procedures Manual for University officials - access code required
Incident Report Form for University officials - access code required
Open Expression Monitor Request Form
Help Student Intervention Services
Faculty, staff, and other students are sometimes the first point of contact for a student in distress. Throughout the academic year, faculty and staff may witness situations that seem to adversely affect the lives of a student, their friends, family, or other members of our community. If you know of a student or community member who may be in need, please contact SIS at 215-898-6081 during regular office hours, or on nights or weekends, please call the operator at the University of Pennsylvania Health Systems 215-349-5490. The operator will page the CAPS On-Call Clinician who will return your call.
Key Emergency Contacts:
Special Services/Victim Support
Counseling and Psychological Services
Student Health Service
College Houses and Academic Services
Alcohol and Other Drug Program Initiatives
Office of the Chaplain