Unidos: La Casa Latina Mentorship Program was created to enhance student's academic development, and cultivate social and intellectual growth. This program also provides leadership information/skills, academic resources and referrals; as well as workshops on professional development. Equally important, Unidos gives you the opportunity to network closely with faculty, staff, alumni, and other Latino students on campus. By participating in Unidos students can grow while having immediate access to these valuable resources.
Unidos: La Casa Latina Mentorship Program aims to:
- Build positive mentor-mentee relationships
- Offer multiple services and levels of participation
- Cultivate culturally appropriate learning
- Create extraordinary opportunities for student success
- Open to undergraduates and graduates Latino students
- Mentor a freshman or sophmore student
- Demonstrate commitment to Latin@ student community at PENN
- Represent positive role models
- Provide advice and academic guidance
- Support career development, as well as social and cultural growth
We are now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 academic year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2016
- Matched appropriately with upperclass students
- Assisted to adjust well to student life at PENN
- Learning time management and de-stressing technique
- Guided toward success by a "personal touch"
Meet the Unidos: La Casa Latina Committee
Sergio Rodriguez Labra
If you are interested in obtaining more information and/or participating in the Unidos
please contact La Casa Latina Director Johnny Irizarry at 215.573.2394, email@example.com