You will be using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) to upload and download your files on Dolphin.
Note that the host name for Dolphin is origin.www.upenn.edu.
- Go to ISC's application to set a local SFTP password for origin.www.upenn.edu. This should be a secure password but please do not use your PennKey password as your local SFTP password. (8 character minimum, both upper and lower case).
- Mac users: Fetch should be ready to use. The configuration should look like this.Your files will be here:
/usr/local/ftp/dolphin/html/[group account name]
You'll be able to see all the other folders but only your files.
- PC users: Download WS_FTP Professional 12.2.
- Launch WS_FTP.
- From the Connections menu, choose New Connection... The Connection Wizard dialog box appears.
- In the Site Name: field, enter an appropriate name for your connection (such as My Group Site), then click Next.
- In the Connection Type: dropdown menu, choose SFTP/SSH, then click Next.
- In the Server Address: field, type origin.www.upenn.edu, then click Next.
- In the User Name: field, enter your PennKey.
- In the Password: field, enter the password you set in step 1 above.
- Click Next, then click Advanced... The Site Options dialog box appears.
- Click Startup on the left sidebar. For the Remote site folder, enter the directory to which you have access,
/usr/local/ftp/dolphin/html/[group account name]. Click OK.
- Click Finish to complete the profile.
Please contact Katie Hanlon Bonner if you have any problems.
More information from ISC:
Uploading and downloading files using FTP