You will be using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) to upload and download your files on Dolphin.
Note that the host name for Dolphin is origin.www.upenn.edu.
- Go to ISC's application to set a local SFTP password for origin.www.upenn.edu. This should be a secure password but please do not use your PennKey password as your local SFTP password. (8 character minimum, both upper and lower case).
- Mac users: Fetch should be ready to use. The configuration should look like this.Your files will be here:
/usr/local/ftp/dolphin/html/[group account name]
You'll be able to see all the other folders but only your files.
- PC users: Download WS_FTP Professional 12.2.
- Launch WS_FTP.
- From the Connections menu, choose New Connection... The Connection Wizard dialog box appears.
- In the Site Name: field, enter an appropriate name for your connection (such as My Group Site), then click Next.
- In the Connection Type: dropdown menu, choose SFTP/SSH, then click Next.
- In the Server Address: field, type origin.www.upenn.edu, then click Next.
- In the User Name: field, enter your PennKey.
- In the Password: field, enter the password you set in step 1 above.
- Click Next, then click Advanced... The Site Options dialog box appears.
- Click Startup on the left sidebar. For the Remote site folder, enter the directory to which you have access,
/usr/local/ftp/dolphin/html/[group account name]. Click OK.
- Click Finish to complete the profile.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
More information from ISC:
Uploading and downloading files using FTP
Need Help Designing Your Website?
Groups have many options when it comes to designing their websites. They can code the sites themselves, use publishing tools such as Microsoft Publisher, use an online service, or hire a professional web developer.
One design agency in particular, Penn Student Design, a part of Penn Student Agencies, provides professional web design services to members of the Penn community. They are familiar with the Dolphin server and can work closely with your group to create a new website or to update your existing site.
To find our more information on Penn Student Design Click Here