As a result of the University's mission to give certain groups and events priority in room assignments, priority scheduling has been put into place. Reservations are accepted on a semester basis, but due to academic classes an organization will not know immediately if they have their requested classroom space. The priority lists are found below.
- Student organizations, defined as those registered with the Office of Student Life, have first priority for Perelman Quadrangle space.
- University organizations, defined as having a membership consisting primarily of students, faculty, staff, or alumni, have priority.
- Faculty/Staff organizations, defined as recognized University departments conducting official University business, have second priority.
- Alumni organizations, defined as recognized alumni groups brought together for a University-related activity, have third priority for Perelman Quadrangle space.
- Non-University organizations have the next priority.
The Perelman Quadrangle Advisory Board and the Undergraduate Assembly have established the following event scheduling priorities.
High Holiday Services:
Irvine Auditorium is reserved for the local observance of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Music Department Performances:
Irvine Auditorium Main Hall for Orchestra and Wind Ensemble rehearsals and performances, Amado Recital Hall is a Music Department facility for which the Department has priority.
For the Social Planning and Events Committee (SPEC) the Main Hall in Irvine Auditorium is reserved for three dates each semester for programming. SPEC also reserves the Fox Art Gallery for SPEC art gallery showings and receptions on a semesterly basis. The NEC has priority to host one Student Government Information Session in Claudia Cohen G17, and one GET OUT the Vote event in the Houston Hall Flags each semester.
Performing Arts Council organizations:
PAC groups have priority for performances in the Iron Gate Theatre and the Houston Hall Auditorium. Rehearsal priorities are for the Iron Gate Theatre stage and rehearsal room, the Platt Rehearsal Hall and the Emily Sachs Dance Gallery in Irvine. All PAC reservations should be made through Platt Performing Arts House.
Traditional University Events:
These events include, but are not limited to, New Student Orientation, New Student Convocation, Family Weekend, Homecoming, Baccalaureate, Ivy Day, Alumni Weekend and various graduations.