Houston Hall Information Desk
The Information Center, located in Houston Hall, is a great first stop for parents, students, faculty, alumni, staff, and guests to visit when they need anything from campus maps, to schedules of upcoming events, to finding a friendly face to answer their questions. The Information Center Associate is there to help make sure you have as much information available to you as possible to make your experience at Penn a good one. The desk is stocked with University visitor maps, SEPTA schedules, restaurant listings, parking locations, newspapers, and Philadelphia visitor guides/maps. Also, right behind the desk we display flyers and brochures advertising events from around campus and the greater Philadelphia Area.
The University of Pennsylvania is very integrated in its community and the Information Center is at the center of all the action. The University has a diverse array of student organizations as well as outside organizations that utilize Houston Hall to bring their message to the campus, help raise funds for worthy causes, and highlight various activities that impact student life.
Houston Hall is a special building where people from all across the world come to walk its historic halls. Being able to help people move forward on their journey is very satisfying. The Information Center focuses on helping people and offering a friendly smile to all.
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 1:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00am
Top 10 Facts
- The Information Center is the main Lost and Found for the University. To check on a lost item, please call 215-898-4636.
- Piano practice rooms are available to sign out at the desk. The practice rooms are located in Irvine Auditorium.
- The Almanac and Daily Pennsylvanian are distributed at the desk.
- University visitor maps, SEPTA schedules, restaurant listings, Parking locations, Philadelphia visitor maps and guides are available at the desk.
- An internal and external mailbox is located directly behind the desk.
- A friendly Information Associate is available to help answer questions.
- Computers are available in the lobby around the desk for students, staff and faculty members.
- Brochures and flyers advertising campus and Philadelphia events are located behind the desk.
- Bulletin boards are located on every floor to post flyers.
- Vending machines are located in the lower level. There are snack machines, coke, red bull, and change machines. SEPTA tokens, ATM and Amtrak kiosks are available as well.