University Life Arts Initiatives provides leadership and support for the creation and implementation of arts programming for students at the University of Pennsylvania. Our programs offer creative outlets, leadership opportunities, career training and social activity through workshops, performances and service opportunities that allow students to experience, create, and manage the arts. University Life Arts Initiatives is housed in the Platt Student Performing Arts House, named for Marc E. ('79) and Julie Beren Platt ('79).
Support Art Making
Offer Civic Engagement Opportunities Through the Arts
- After School Arts at Penn (ASAP)
- Workshops and performances in the community
- Community Ticket Program
- Art Club after school program
- Charity Performances
Provide Career Networking and Training in the Arts
- The Annual Alumni Performing Arts Career Symposium
- The George and Jane Wallace Award for summer professional theatre internship
- Workshops/Master Classes/Guest Speakers
- Art Club Dinners
Encourage Campus and Local Arts Engagement
Hours of operation
- Sundays 10 am to midnight, Monday through Thursdays 9 am to midnight, Fridays 10 am to 8 pm and Saturdays 10 am to 6 pm.
- Check the caledar of events on the right for special events on campus and in Platt.
- The Platt House is closed any holiday that the University is closed.
Sign up for our newsletter
Check out the Penn Gazette's Arts Blog.