Become a Platt House Star by making a qualifying gift to support Platt Student Performing Arts House and the students it serves. Qualifying gift guidelines:
- Individual or joint (up to two) gifts totaling $500 or more will be recognized with a named 8" star.
- Alumni of a particular student organization can also name (group name) a 12" star for a collective donation of $5000 or above
- Individual gifts of $5000 or more (can be pledged over time) are recognized on our permanent donor sign on the North entryway wall
- An individual gift can count toward more than one group's $5000 goal
- Stars will be displayed on the curved south wall in the entryway across from the permanent donor recognition wall
The Platt House Stars program supports our general gift fund which provides for all the needs of the space, such as painting, chairs, tables, pianos, sound systems, repairs, upgrades and more. To donate to to that fund click here. Thank you for your support!
There are a number of other programs that can be supported directly as well:
- PennArts is a four day pre-orientation program that exposes 40 new students to the exciting arts opportunities at Penn and in Philadelphia. 2012 will be our sixth year. You can find more program information here.
- Integrated Theatre Initiative - In a new collaboration, the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, the Theatre Arts Program in the School of Arts and Sciences and Platt Student Performing Arts House are transforming the theatre experience for students at Penn! An integrated approach to Theatre at Penn provides resources to support a broader, deeper and more diverse experience for students who study, practice or attend theatre at Penn by raising program funding. Working together, The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, the Theatre Arts Program and Platt will enhance theatre residencies, master-classes, workshops, lectures, community engagement and special projects that engage students in the craft, artistry and relevance of theatre.
- Civic Engagement in the Arts - Support the work of dozens of students who run after school programs in the Platt House, as well as workshops and performances in local schools.
Finally, we still have naming opportunities in our space. You can join the ranks of the Class of 1969, the Class of 1970, Parents 2004 and The Muravchick Family in naming a rehearsal room, office or lounge in the Platt House. If you are interested in any of these programs or room naming opportunities please contact Laurie McCall at 215.898.2312.