The George and Jane Wallace Summer Theatre Internship Award
The 2012 Wallace Winner is Rebecca Adelsheim '13 who will be serving as an Assistant Stage Manager for the Arden Theatre Company's Writers' Room project. Rebecca will be working with the Arden staff and playwright Wendy Macleod, workshopping, rehearsing, and performing her new script.
Check out this You Tube video of 1998 Wallace Winner and Washington Ensemble Theatre Co-Founder Marya Sea Kaminski.
The Wallace Award will provide a Penn undergraduate with funds to support a summer theatre internship in a professional environment. The award recipient will receive a $3,000 stipend. Past winners have done internships in for-profit and not-for-profit theatres in New York City, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Paris, the Berkshires, and points beyond. Applicants are responsible for securing their internship.
The Award recipient will be selected on the basis of a 5-10 page essay that must address the following issues:
- What is the extent of your theatrical experience at Penn?
- What kind of theatre internship do you intend to pursue?
- Where would you like to be located?
- What kind of theatrical organization would you prefer?
- How will this experience benefit your professional or academic aspirations?
- Please include some possible internship locations that you have researched in the essay.
Essays are due March 8th, 2014 at 5pm to email@example.com. Essays will be reviewed by a panel of Penn staff, faculty, students and members of the Wallace family. Interviews may be required. Applicants must be Penn undergraduates. Juniors will be given preference. Seniors are not eligible.
For more information contact the Director of Platt House at 215-898-2312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.