For Academic Year 2012-13 Eligibility of Students for Care at Student Health Service
- All matriculating students are eligible to be seen at the Student Health Service by paying the Clinical Fee or by enrolling in the Penn Student Insurance Plan
- The Clinical Fee is mandatory for all full-time students.
- The Clinical Fee is automatically billed to full-time students.
- If you enroll in PSIP, the fee is reversed when the insurance premium is billed as it is included in the cost of the premium. (For Academic Year 2013-14, the Clinical Fee will not be included in the cost of the premium)
- Part-time students may choose to use Student Health, by paying the Clinical Fee or enrolling in a PSIP.
- Students in special programs should check with their school to see if they are eligible for care.
- Spouses and domestic partners of Penn students may be seen on a fee-for-service basis, by presenting a Penn Guest Card.
- English-language program (ELP) students will be automatically eligible to use Student Health while they are taking classes, through payment of a Clinical Fee through their department.
Not Eligible for Care at Student Health Service:
- Students taking non-credit courses are not eligible to use SHS.
- Students on PSIP Continuation Plans.