A Men's Health appointment can include the following:
- Sexual health counseling
- Routine screening for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Testicular examination for detection of testicular cancer
- Symptomatic treatment of STIs (including genital warts or other skin lesions/rashes)
- Evaluation of testicular or groin pain, urinary problems, sexual issues including premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
- Preventive medicine guidance on blood pressure and cholesterol levels
"Routine" STI testing generally includes a urine test for gonorrhea and chlamydia and a blood test for syphilis. If you are having symptoms, other testing may also be available, such as culture of skin lesions suspicious for herpes.
HIV testing is done at SHS on a confidential (but not anonymous) basis. Anonymous testing is available at alternative sites off campus. We are offering a fingerstick rapid HIV test with the entire visit from HIV/STI counseling to receiving HIV test results taking approximately a half-hour. If you elect other STI screening, these results may take up to 2 weeks.
To schedule a Men's Health visit you can call our main number at 215.746.3535 or go to the main menu and select "Schedule an appointment" to connect with our on-line scheduling portal.
Here are some websites for more information.
Be A Man, Self Exam: www.carpetestes.org/
HPV in men: www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-HPV-and-men.htm