The University of Pennsylvania requires that all full time students are fully immunized. Any student not complying with these requirements will have a block placed on their registration.
A student will be placed on hold for:
- Not submitting the immunization history and/or completing the TB screening form online.
- Not a completing the required immunizations.
- Not providing SHS with documentation of immunization records submitted online.
- Failing to keep a scheduled immunization appointment at SHS.
- Failing to provide SHS with documentation of an appointment elsewhere.
- Failing to respond to a request from the Immunization Compliance Office, such as to make an immunization appointment or provide information.
- Failing to return to have PPD results read within the prescribed time frame.
How to get off hold temporarily:
- Schedule an immunization appointment at SHS This may be done by calling 215 746 3535 or online at https://shs.upenn.edu/.
- Schedule an immunization appointment with a private health care provider (must furnish SHS with written proof of the appointment).
IMPORTANT: If you fail to keep a scheduled immunization appointment at SHS or with your private provider, you will be placed back on hold until you have fully complied.
*Please note that you may make an immunization appointment online, however students who abuse this system by making multiple appointments for the same immunization will not be removed from hold and will be blocked from making online appointments in the future.
Holds are not removed automatically. Most holds are removed within 24 hours. If you wish to have the hold removed as soon as possible. You will need to contact the Immunization Compliance Office. Holds are only removed during regular Immunization Compliance Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm Monday-Wednesday, 10:30am-5pm Thursday and 9am-5pm on Fridays during the normal academic year, however these hours are subject to change. Please call the Immunization Compliance Office at 215 746 3535, menu option 4 for up to date hours.
You may obtain any required immunizations at the Student Health Service or you may elect to see another health care provider (you must provide written proof to the Immunization Office of the visit).
You may schedule an immunization appointment at Student Health Services by calling 215 746 3535. If a private provider updates your immunizations you must present documentation to the Immunization Office within 3 days after the appointment date or you will be placed back on hold.
You may fax your documentation to the Immunization Office at 215 746 0909.