Body Love for Women and Femmes of Color
(open to anyone who identifies as female and/or femme):
This is a monthly drop-in circle for women and femmes of color to talk about body image concerns. Join us as we aim to reclaim our bodies, love and embrace them, and empower each other to decolonize body image.
You are welcome, just come by! There is no need to RSVP. Body Love is held at the Penn Women's Center on Locust Walk.
The themes we discuss may change month to month. These are examples of themes and topics that have been discussed in past sessions of Body Love:
* Impact of systemic oppression on body acceptance and self-love
* Impact of the lack of/inadequate representation for W&FOC
* Familial and societal pressures and standards re: appearance
* Impact of phobias and -isms (e.g. Islamaphobia, homophobia, sexism, racism, etc)
* Impact of historical traumas and systemic violence
* Intersecting identities
Fall Semester dates: Wednesdays 9/5/18, 10/3/18, 11/7/18 and 12/5/18, from 5:30-6:30 pm.
Location: Penn Women's Center
Facilitated by: CAPS
(This series was inspired by a similar healing/support circle created by Nalgona Positivity Pride)