Types of Activities
- CAPS provides orientations to a variety of populations on Penn's campus. This includes a virtual tour of CAPS' space, an introduction to CAPS' services, and a brief discussion around mental health and therapy.
- CAPS also participates in campus-wide tabling events and resource fairs.
- To request an orientation, fill out the OUTREACH REQUEST FORM (we will need at least 2 weeks notice).
- CAPS provides customized psychoeducational and interactive workshops with topics such as helping students in distress, active listening, self-care, imposter syndrome, cultural identities, race-related issues, and stress management. To request a workshop, fill out the OUTREACH REQUEST FORM. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT TAKES AT LEAST 2 WEEKS TO PLAN AND STAFF EVENTS.
- There are also workshop series at CAPS to support students: Cultivating Calm, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness Skills, Mindfulness Drop-in, Mindful Tea, Manage Your Moods, Penngagement International Experience (PIE) Series, and Personal Wellness and Career Workshops.
- A team of CAPS' clinicians run the I CARE training program, a gatekeeper training that aims to build a caring community that has the skills and resources to intervene in student stress, distress, and crisis.
- To learn more about or to register for I CARE, go to CAPS' I CARE Training.
- CAPS works closely with the CAPS Advisory Board, mental health advocacy groups, and student leaders on campus.
- To learn more about student groups involved in mental health or to view a calendar of events, go to Penn Wellness.
Community & Liaison Partnerships
- CAPS has an extensive liaison network across the Penn community to help to bridge consultation and conversation among various communities.
- To learn more about our liaison system, please contact Dr. Batsirai Bvunzawabaya.
- CAPS responds and provides support to individuals or groups affected by crises and traumatic events affecting the Penn community.
- To learn more about preventative mental health strategies and resources, go to Self-care.
Meeta Kumar, Ph.D, Director of Outreach and Prevention Services
Alaina Spiegel, Psy.D, Coordinator of Prevention programs