Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair
Information for Employers
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
1-4pm, Smilow Center for Translational Research, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia PA 19104-5156
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
CLICK HERE to register, or visit: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/1809/employer_preview
If you have any questions about the different populations of PhD students or postdocs who attend this fair, or if you want to determine if this is the right event for your organization, then please contact Dr. Joseph Barber (email@example.com)
What is the Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair?
The University of Pennsylvania 's Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair is jointly sponsored by Career Services, Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs, and Biomedical Graduate Studies.
All students and postdocs completing research in the biological and physical sciences, as well as engineering disciplines, are encouraged to attend this event.
To see the names of organizations that have attended this fair in previous years, click here
- This career fair is an opportunity for employers to talk with potential hires about opportunities in their organizations, and to gain a first-hand impression of individual postdocs and PhD students. This is Penn's only career fair that focuses specifically on PhD students and postdocs, and caters to the needs of employers wishing to hire these advanced degree candidates, or to establish and maintain a presence on campus as a way to attract future candidates.
- This career fair has a broad focus across the life sciences, and attracts employers from a diverse range of fields (including the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, consultants, science writing and publishing organizations, patent law/IP firms, government and non-profit institutions, and more!). Penn's PhD students and postdocs are eager to make a connection with employers interested in their wide range of technical and transferable skills. Take this opportunity to join us here at Penn, and you can be confident that you will find the high caliber of students and postdocs that you are looking for.
When and where is the fair?
What happens at the fair?
Where can I send my fair materials?
How much does it cost?
How can I register?
|When & where is the 2017 Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair?|
- Tuesday, September 26th, 1:00-4:00pm (lunch for employers will be provided starting at noon).
- The 2017 career fair will be held in the Smilow Center for Translational Research, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia PA 19104-5156. The map below shows the area around the Smilow Center, and the photo shows the main entrance to the building where the career fair is held.
What is the format?
- Each registered employer will have a six-foot table for handouts, information and displays, as well as a sign identifying the organization. Postdocs and PhD students will speak to employers at the tables.
- Employers can also take the opportunity to give a brief 10-minute presentation about their organization during the fair in an adjacent lecture hall. You can sign-up to give a presentation during the registration process.
- Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process, and these will be highlighted in the career fair booklet, and in the pre-event outreach and marketing to PhD students and postdocs interested in attending the fair.
Can I ship materials ahead of time?
- You may ship materials ahead of time.These will be sent to the Biomedical Research Building, and transported to the Smilow Center prior to the fair. They will accept packages starting one week before the event, and your packages will be waiting for you at your table when you arrive. Please make sure your organization's name is marked clearly on the package. You can ship your materials to:
Biomedical Graduate Studies
Attn: Biomedical Career Fair 2017
160 BRB II/III
421 Curie Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6064
|Is there a registration fee and a registration deadline? |
- The registration fee is $200 per company and $100 for start-ups, non-profits and Penn affiliates, and this provides a table/chairs and space for three representatives, as well as lunch prior to the fair. There is an opportunity for employers to sponsor this event, and details are provided during registration.
- Payment can be made by credit card or check - details about payment methods can be found during the registration process, and on the invoice you will receive once your registration is confirmed.
How do employers register?
- Registration is now open. Employers can register by clicking here.
- If you have any questions about this career fair, please call 215 898 7530 or contact Dr. Joseph Barber for more information.
5 reasons to register for this career fair