|Professional Development + Associations||Job and Internship Listings||Publications + Additional Links||Additional Resources for Graduate Students|
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) - National membership organization of conservation professionals - members include conservators, educators, scientists, students, archivists, art historians worldwide.
- National Association of Tribal Historic Preservation Officers: a national non-profit membership organization of Tribal government officials who implement federal and tribal preservation laws. NATHPO's overarching purpose is to support the preservation, maintenance and revitalization of the culture and traditions of Native peoples of the United States. This is accomplished most importantly through the support of Tribal Historic Preservation Programs as acknowledged by the National Park Service.
National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officer (NCSHPO): The National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers (NCSHPO) is the professional association of the State government officials who carry out the national historic preservation program as delegates of the Secretary of the Interior pursuant to the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended (NHPA) (16 USC 470).
State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO): Your SHPO is the appointed official in each of 59 states, territories and the District of Columbia who is responsible for helping to save the places that matter.
eCulturalResource - Cultural resource management jobs, firms, and news
Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance - Local "clearinghouse" resource for arts and culture organizations, with job listings
H-Net Museums - A listserv with frequent job and internship postings
H-Net Public History - A listserv with frequent job and internship postings
Preserve/Net - A clearinghouse for historic preservation jobs and internships
Preservation Directory - online resource for historic preservation, building restoration and cultural resource management in the United States & Canada. Has funding information and job and internship postings
MuseumLink - List of museums by state
- Internships Held by Historic Preservation Students: A comprehensive list of summer internships since 2012
Career Services' Career Plans Survey Reports: See data collected from previous graduates, including job titles and average salaries
Historic Preservation Career Timeline: get a clear idea of what you should be thinking about and doing at every stage of your program to maximize your professional and career development, and to find appropriate internship and job opportunities. Make use of this timeline to plan your time and make good use of the various resources available to you.
View a list of employers who attended in previous years:
- 2017 Employers
- 2016 Employers
- 2015 Employers
- 2014 Employers
- 2013 Employers
- 2012 Employers (Pictures from 2012 fair)
- 2011 Employers
- 2010 Employers (Pictures from 2010 fair)
Career Services Digital Career Resources: Access online subscriptions to job/internship search sites, career resources, and other career development tools for free, including the Vault and Wetfeet career guides.
PennDesign Sample Internships Listing - A sampling of internships held by PennDesign students since 2010.
- PennDesign Student Groups
Updated on November 10, 2017