|Career Advice||Sample Employers and Opportunities||Professional Associations||Additional Links|
- 2011 Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair presentations At the 2011 Biomedical & Life Sciences Career Fair, several employers gave brief presentations relating to the subject of patent law and technology transfer. The presentations given by employers willing to share their PowerPoints are provided here for your reference.
- Careers in Patent Law (articles from Science)
- Careers for Scientists in Patent Law (from the Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Getting Started With Patent Law
- From Ph.D. to Patent Lawyer (from the Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Resources for PhD students and postdocs exploring careers: myIDP and Versatile PhD
- Penn Center for Innovation: Provides a wonderful opportunity to get some real-life experience working on intellectual property issues. This can help you to figure out if this is a career path you are actually interested in, and can give you something tangible to include on your resume if you choose to apply for job in patent law and intellectual property.
- NIH Fellowship: The NIH Office of Technology Transfer has internship opportunities available to qualified Master's or Doctoral students in the fields of law, business, or life sciences
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Content Collection: Careers in Patent Law A very useful overview of resources from Science
- Chemists in patent law
- Career Alternative for Physicists: Patent Law
- Patent Bar Study
*Please note, while these are a sampling of our favorite resources for both career exploration and job hunting, inclusion does not represent an endorsement by Career Services.