|Job and Internship Listings||Professional Associations||Additional Links|
- MaterialsJobs.com - Materials related employment
- SimplyHired.com - Materials Science Job Listings through SimplyHired
- Indeed.com - Materials Science Job Listings through Indeed
- Glassdoor.com - Materials Science Job Listings through Glassdoor
- Pathways to Science: To find programs such as undergraduate summer research opportunities, graduate fellowships, postdoctoral positions, as well as resources and materials pertaining to recruitment, retention, and mentoring
- National Science Foundation REU Sites - several sites focus on research in materials science and related areas, including condensed matter physics, materials chemistry and physics, and materials engineering.
- American Academy for Advancement of Science: A resource list of AAAS career development programs
- Engineering Jobs ' Materials: A broad starting-point for career opportunities for engineers interested in materials science
- The Materials, Metals and Materials Society Job Board
- The American Ceramic Society Job Board
- The Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies website- including the very helpful map showing locations (by zipcode) of companies, universities, government laboratories, and organizations working in nanotechnology around the United States. Other resources through this site include databases of nanotechnology organizations and/or nanotechnology's impact in Consumer Products, Environment, Health and Safety Research, Synthetic Biology (map), Agriculture and Food, Medicine, Silver Nanotechnology, and Nano-remediation sites (map).
- TinyTechJobs.com - Career website for jobs in nanotechnology, biotechnology, and information technology
- National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Nanotation - ACS Nanotation, produced by the American Chemical Society Publications Division, is designed to serve as an online community for nanotechnology researchers and students. The site features ACS journal articles on nanotechnology, career resources, events, and Nano Picks, reviews of recent nanoscience findings.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nanotechnology Council - The IEEE Nanotechnology Council's mission is to advance nanotechnology in "scientific, literary, and educational areas." The multidisciplinary group has created a virtual work environment to facilitate collaboration in nanotechnology research.
- Institute of Physics (IOP) - Nanotechweb.org - The IOP Publishing community web site is a portal for nanotechnology news, events, product information, and jobs. The site also features a buyer's guide with information about companies and products. Members receive a free weekly news alert highlighting research worldwide.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - Jobs Listings
- Nanowerk - a specialized news portal focusing on nanotechnology information, including new research, recent publications, company profiles, job listings, and event news. The daily "Nanowerk Spotlight" feature article examines recent research findings. This popular site also has a unique database of nanomaterial suppliers.
- Physorg - Nanotechnology News - an online news service for the sciences. The site collects news from government, academic, and industry sources. The nanotechnology section is divided into four sections: Nanotechnology (general news), Bio & Medicine, Nanophysics, and Nanomaterials. The site also publishes exclusive feature stories on new developments in science and technology.
- Micro and Nanotechnologies Innovation Campus (MINATEC) - The Micro and Nanotechnologies Innovation Campus is a technology center in Grenoble, France. MINATEC research areas include materials and integration processing, photonics, microelectromechanical systems and sensors, molecular electronics, nanocharacterization, nanoelectronics, and spintronics. The government-funded research center was founded in 2002.
- Nanotechnology Institute (NTI) - an academic/Pennsylvania state government partnership located in Philadelphia. The institute's primary focus is on technology transfer from academia to industry, with the ultimate goal of commercial application of new nanotechnology discoveries. NTI was created by the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University.
- Fellowship and Research Programs
- Leadership Development Opportunities for Engineering Grads
- Online Subscriptions Job Listings and other online resources (Pennkey access)
- For major specific information, please see our "What Can I Do With a Major In...? (SEAS)" page