|Career Advice||Job and Internship Listings||Sample Employers and Opportunities||Professional Associations||Additional Links|
Join the Arts, Media & Entertainment Careers List! To subscribe, log into your Handshake account, click on your name at the upper-right of the screen and select "Career Interests." An option to subscribe to the Arts, Media & Entertianment list, as well as several other industry specific newsletters can be found on the middle of that page. You can easily unsubscribe from the same screen.
- Don't Quit Your Day Job - Advice about staying afloat while pursuing a career in the arts. From the Career Services Penn & Beyond blog
- Interview with Career Services' Michael DeAngelis - From the Penn Current, about advising students who want to go into the theater.
- American for the Arts job bank
- The American Alliance for Theatre and Education job opportunities blog
- The Art Career Project
- Art Deadlines List: comprehensive list of art competitions from poetry contests to calls for public art proposals (PennKey required)
- Art Search: search positings for internships (Career Development), administrative positions, artistic work, educational programs, and production/design jobs with a focus on theatre arts (PennKey required)
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) job bank: requires paid membership
- Backstage - Casting notices, union and non-union, national listings.
- The Educational Theatre Association job listings
- ESTA job bank: entertainment and theatre technology positions
- New York Foundation for the Arts: national job postings
- Playbill.com's job postings
- TheatreJobs.com job and internship listings: requires paid membership
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Washington job bank
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance job bank
- Theatre Philadelphia job and internship listings (Formally the Theatre Alliance of Philadelphia)
- The Arden Theater Co. Professional Apprentice (APA) Program
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: Kennedy Center Arts Management Internships
- InterAct Theatre Company internships
- Lincoln Center
- Samuel French, Inc.: Theatrical publishing and licensing. Yearly summer internship program.
- Walnut Street Theatre Professional Apprenticeship Program
- The Wilma Theatre employment and internships
- The George and Jane Wallace Summer Theatre Internship Award: provides one undergraduate with funds to support a summer theatre internship in a professional environment
- Performing Arts Directory Online: Searchable databse of theaters and other performing arts organizations. Includes contact information. (PennKey required)
- Variety: Full access to current issue, past issue archives, production charts, Variety Top 250 and more. Perfect reading for those researching careers in film and television. (PennKey required)
SAG-AFTRA: The Screen Actor's Guild
Theatre Communications Group (TCG): national organization for the American theatre
United Scenic Artists Local USA 829: labor union and professional association for scenic artists and production designers, costume, lighting, and sound designers, etc.
- American Theatre Wing's Theatre Intern Network: offers social and professional development opportunities for anyone currently interning in the NYC theatre industry
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Advantages Theater Majors Have in the Job Market for ALL Jobs - from the College of William & Mary Theater Department
*Please note, while these are a sampling of our favorite resources for both career exploration and job hunting, inclusion does not represent an endorsement by Career Services.