Scheduling Successful Employer Information Sessions
- Fall term 2018 employer information sessions focusing on full-time and internships opportunities will begin on Tuesday, August 28, 2018, which is the first day of fall term classes.
- Spring term 2019 will begin on Wednesday, January 16, 2019, which is the first day of spring term classes.
Employer Information Sessions Processing and Promotional Fees
In the upcoming 2018-2019 recruiting season, the processing fee for employer information sessions will be $200 per event. (The processing fee for non-profit organizations will be $50 per event.) Processing and Promotional Fees are non-refundable.
Employer Information Session Procedures
- After logging into Handshake, request an employer information session from the "Events" section of the Handshake homepage.
- Complete and submit the employer information session form. Make sure to include all fields. Be sure to select an alternate presentation date in the event your first choice is not available. You will need to complete a separate form for each presentation you wish to schedule.
- Please be patient in awaiting your information session confirmation from the On-Campus Recruiting office.
- If you are having an information session the Night Before your interviews, it is very strongly suggested that you contact all students on your schedules to invite them to attend - otherwise, they may think it is an optional event.
- View our guidlines for arranging audiovisual support, catering, and the shipment of materials for employer information sessions.
Publicity & Marketing
- Increase your brand visibility on our campus by participating in the Career Services Support Program. As an advanced-level supporter, your organization's logo will appear as a pin on the student portal of Handshake, our online recruiting system for one calendar year.
- Your employer information session will be publicized online in the Career Services Information Session Calendar and in Handshake, our online recruiting system. This advertising is only done if your information session was coordinated through the On-Campus Recruiting office.
- Advertise your session in The Daily Pennsylvanian, the online and print student newspaper. Printed ads placed a few days before and on the day of the presentation seem to get the most response. Internet advertising is also available, with online ads linking to your company's website or recruiting page.
For questions about employer information sessions not answered here, please contact us.