Welcome to the B.S.N. Nursing Residency Program Guide. This guide provides a list of hospitals providing structured programs for new B.S.N.s.
The guide is organized alphabetically by state. Some of these programs are only offered during certain times of the year. So, please be mindful of application deadlines, and visit the web sites to confirm application deadlines. Some of these programs are in specialty areas.
Please review each facility web site thoroughly before you contact a nurse recruiter with specific questions so that it is clear that you are well-prepared. If you do not meet all of the requirements listed on the suggested website, contact the nurse recruiter personally, as s/he may be flexible.
Hospitals denoted ** have been designated as Magnet Hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center of the American Nursing Association.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- Atlanta VA Medical Center ** [note: because this is a gov't agency, application procedure is unique]
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston: New Graduate Nurse in Critical Care Program **
- No new graduate nurse opportunities for spring/summer 2016 are anticipated.
- Northwell Health (formerly North Shore / Long Island Jewish Health System): Nursing Fellowships in Critical Care, Pediatrics, the Operating Room and the Emergency Department
- INTEGRIS, Oklahoma City: Nurse Residency Program (Baptist Medical Center **)
- Lehigh Valley Health Network: Nurse Residency/Graduate Nurse and Nursing Student Jobs** [note: click on the job search link and use the keyword "residency" to apply]
The links listed in this document take you directly to information about structured programs for newly graduated nurses, but it is not comprehensive. We are aware that other programs may exist, but we were unable to find any links for them. Below are two links that should take you to a comprehensive list of programs for new nurses. The basic list was assembled by the UHC (University HealthSystem Consortium) and the AACN (American Association of Colleges of Nursing); the second link (allnurses.com) has a few additional programs.