Resources and Support at Penn
The Marks Family Writing Center was established in 2003 to provide writing support to Penn students and faculty across the disciplines. Thanks to the generous support of Howard Marks, the Center is open to Penn students 6 days a week. The Writing Center is staffed by friendly, well-qualified peer and faculty writing specialists who enjoy working with other writers, from freshmen to doctoral candidates. The help provided by Writing Center includes:
- Brainstorming topics for a paper or personal statement
- Giving you feedback on cover letters, applications, proposals
- Showing you how to strengthen sentences, paragraphs, transitions, diction
- Giving you tips on how to make your writing more powerful and engaging
- Identifying patterns of errors in grammar and mechanics
Whatever your writing need, from simply having a fresh pair of eyes to puzzling out why a professor didn't like your work, Writing Center specialists are ready to help.
Undergraduate Peer Tutoring
All undergraduate appointments and drop-in hours will be at The Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing, 3808 Walnut Street, 215-573-2729.
Graduate Senior Tutoring
All Graduate Student appointments take place in the Weigle Information Commons at Van Pelt. 215-898-7555.
Please confirm appointment and drop-in hours and locations on the Marks Family Writing Center website.