FAMILIAS: Through FAMILIAS, students will find like-minded people that will help them navigate the demands of academic, social, and cultural life here at the University of Pennsylvania. We hope that FAMILIAS can be a space where students can bring their full selves and explore how their Latinidad intersects with their other identities. We hope that through participation in the FAMILIA Mentorship Program, our students will be able to develop the skills that they need to be transformative and impactful leaders at and beyond the University of Pennsylvania.
FAMILIAS: La Casa Latina Mentorship Program aims to:
- Build positive mentor-mentee relationships
- Offer multiple services and levels of participation
- Cultivate culturally appropriate learning
- Create extraordinary opportunities for student success
- Open to undergraduates and graduates Latinx students
Each FAMILIA will consist of:
- incoming student (mentee)
- current undergraduate student (mentee)
- graduate student (mentor)
- alumni (mentor)
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBA
If you are interested in obtaining more information and/or participating in the FAMILIAS mentorship program
please contact La Casa Latina Associate Director Kareli Lizarraga at 215.573.2394, email@example.com