Referring a Student to OLR
Why would you refer a student to us?
When a student...
- tells you s/he is having a hard time juggling classes, social activities and work.
- tells you s/he "studies all the time" but still isn't doing well on exams.
- tells you reading for classes takes forever and s/he can't keep up with the amount of reading.
- switched majors and is now having a hard time in class.
- did really well in high school but failed or barely passed his/her first midterms
- doesn't know how to take notes in classes.
- has a research paper to write but doesn't know how to get started on it.
- tells you that s/he wants to participate in class but doesn't know how.
- actively participates in class but his/her exam grades do not reflect the student's efforts.
When would you refer a student to us?
- Anytime during the semester but the earlier the better.
How does a student access our services?
- Make an appointment to meet with a learning instructor. Call 215-573-9235 Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Stop by for a walk-in session Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 3 pm, Tuesdays and Wedensdays from 4 pm to 7 pm. All walk-in sessions are at the Weingarten Learning Resources Center.
- Look up useful tools and information.
We work with undergraduate, graduate and professional students on time management, academic reading, academic writing and study strategies.
All our services are free and confidential.