What's the purpose of the Weingarten Ambassadors program?
The Weingarten Ambassadors program brings together undergraduate, graduate, and professional students from various disciplines and affiliations to increase student awareness and use of the resources of both offices at the Weingarten Center: Office of Learning Resources and Student Disabilities Services. Through information sessions led by Weingarten Center staff, the goal is to equip and mobilize students to better support their peers by becoming advocates for the academic resources that they value and have found useful. Weingarten Center services are most effective when they are used proactively and consistently, and we are excited that our experienced and informed ambassadors will help connect more students with the Weingarten Center at critical moments in their academic lives at Penn.
What do Weingarten Ambassadors do?
Weingarten Ambassadors have the flexibility to define their own contributions to the Weingarten Center that may involve referrals, outreach, and advocacy.
Throughout the semester, Ambassadors may:
- Refer a peer to meet with a learning instructor
- Request a workshop for your student organization
- Promote Weingarten Center in a class (with permission)
- Work with Weingarten Center staff at events to plug services and programs
- Share Weingarten Center updates through Social Media
- Share testimonials / academic strategies on the Weingarten Blog
- Provide feedback on Weingarten Center programs, services, and outreach
- Participate in a Weingarten Center video to showcase student experiences