Penn Access Transportation
Guidelines for Students with Medical, Mobility, and Visual Disabilities
The Penn Access Transportation vehicle (PAT), operated by the Penn Department of Transportation and Parking, is available to transport members of the University community with mobility and visual disabilities.
Please call Office of Student Disabilities Services 215-573-9235 to find out more information.
PAT Operating Hours
Monday � Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Saturday & Sunday 6:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
PAT is available to transport students to and from locations within the following Penn Transit Service boundaries (Please refer to the Penn transit brochure for more details):
- North to Spring Garden Street
- East to 20th Street (the boundaries for Center City are north to Market Street, east to 20th Street, south to South Street, and west to 27th Street)
- South to Woodland Avenue
- West to 50th Street
Penn Transit Service will not be provided between non-University buildings including 30th Street Station.
Contact the Office of Student Disabilities (SDS), Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Please provide the following information: name, address, telephone number, the reason you need the accessible van service, and approximate length of time you will require the service.
To Request a Ride (must be registered through SDS) call Penn Transit Services Ride-line number 215-898-RIDE (7433). After dialing, press "2" when prompted.
- Be ready to go when you call. You cannot set a reservation for a pick up.
- Pick up times normally vary from 5 to 20 minutes. Circumstances can cause delays (heavy traffic, number of calls in the queue).
- Requests for service are accepted Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 a.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 6:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m.
- Users should be very specific about their pickup location and must be on site watching the street for the van before it arrives.
- The PAT driver can wait only three minutes after arriving on location.
- Users are permitted a maximum of four (4) one-way rides per day unless prior approval is obtained from SDS at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance.
- Passengers in addition to the approved rider are permitted only if required for the rider's assistance.
REMINDER: These requests are to and from home/campus only.
- If an extension is necessary, please provide SDS with a signed letter from your physician providing medical information relevant to extended service and expected duration. The letter may be faxed to SDS at 215-746-6326. Failure to provide documentation may result in termination of service.
- Questions or concerns regarding the use of PAT should be directed to Student Disabilities Services by phone at 215-573-9235.
*In order to maintain reliable and efficient service, it is imperative that all users of PAT become familiar with and adhere to these guidelines.