OFSL Grant Funding
Fraternities and sororities in good standing with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the University of Pennsylvania are eligible to apply for OFSL Grant Funds. Before applying for grant funding, please be sure to review the following important information:
Eligibility & Requirements
- In order to be considered for funding opportunities, applying organization must:
- Be a recognized fraternity or sorority at the University of Pennsylvania
- Be in current good standing with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and the University
- Not have received prior OFSL grant funding in the semester of application
- Be requesting funds for events in which the primary purpose is student development/programming
- Have at least one current member who is a Concur Expense Report user
- OFSL reserves the right to revoke a grant award if any of the following requirements are not met:
- All meetings requested by OFSL are attended by at least one chapter member
- All purchases and transactions approved for funding comply with OFSL and University policies
- The primary purpose of the event centers on student development and/or programming
- Copies of event marketing materials are submitted for approval at least oen week prior to the event
- OFSL logo (and if instructed, VPUL logo) are included on all marketing materials
- OFSL is tagged in any relevant social media posts
- OFSL may remove future grant eligibility to chapters who do not submit the following post-event requirements within 14 days of the event date:
- List of attendees (i.e. sign-in sheet, email list, Facebook event link)
- At least 5 high-resolution photographs of the event (.jpeg or .png, at least 2000px wide)
- Copy of the event flyer
- Itemized invoices or receipts of all purchases
- Post-Event Assessment
- All funding requests must align with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life mission and philosophy. The funding application will require organizations to explain how their event or program represents each of the five aspects of our office philosophy: Vanguard, Foundation, Compass, Relationships, and Impact.
- Additionally, all grant requests must fulfill one of the following outcomes:
- Leadership Development
i.e. event planning, programs for member development, etc.
- Professional Development
i.e. professional networking, employment-seeking skills, exposure to career options, etc.
- Community Development
i.e. relationship building among Greek organizations, council collaboration, and participation in campus-wide events
- Organizations are eligible to receive a maximum of one grant award per semester. A budget template provided in the application must be completed before funding consideration can take place. Here are some examples of eligible and ineligible expenses:
Eligible Event Types
INELIGIBLE EVENT TYPES
Note: Some expenses can be paid for directly by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life, while others must be purchased directly by students to be reimbursed.
List of OFSL Grant recipients
2017-2018 Academic Year
- None yet -- maybe your organization could be the first! Apply using the link in the right-hand sidebar.
2016-2017 Academic Year
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. - Crescent Ball, December 2016
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - Pharaoh's Ball, January 2017
- Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority - 4th Annual Philanthropy Gala, April 2017