OFSL Grant Funding
Fraternities and sororities in good standing with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the University of Pennsylvania are eligible to apply for OFSL Grant Funds. Before applying for grant funding, please be sure to review the following important information.
NOTE: All funding is by reimbursement only. If your organization did not send a representative to the semesterly Grant Funding Training, then you are not eligible to receive funds from or reimbursements through OFSL for that semester. Even if your funding is coming from another source, we cannot perform the reimbursement through our budget code.
Eligibility & Requirements
- In order to be considered for funding opportunities, applying organization must:
- Be a recognized fraternity or sorority at the University of Pennsylvania
- Be in current good standing with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and the University
- Not have received prior OFSL grant funding in the semester of application
- Be requesting funds for events in which the primary purpose is student development/programming
- Have sent a representative from their organization to the OFSL Grant Funding Training that semester
- OFSL reserves the right to revoke a grant award if any of the following requirements are not met:
- All meetings requested by OFSL are attended by at least one chapter member
- All purchases and transactions approved for funding comply with OFSL and University policies
- The primary purpose of the event centers on student development and/or programming
- OFSL may remove future grant eligibility to chapters who do not submit the following post-event requirements within 14 days of the event date:
- Concur Expense Report
- Post-Event Assessment and other requested materials (photos, event flyer, etc.)
- All funding requests must align with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life mission and philosophy. The funding application will require organizations to explain how their event or program represents each of the five aspects of our office philosophy: Vanguard, Foundation, Compass, Relationships, and Impact.
- Additionally, all grant requests must fulfill one of the following outcomes:
- Leadership Development
i.e. event planning, programs for member development, etc.
- Professional Development
i.e. professional networking, employment-seeking skills, exposure to career options, etc.
- Community Development
i.e. relationship building among Greek organizations, council collaboration, and participation in campus-wide events
- Organizations are eligible to receive a maximum of one grant award per semester. A budget template provided in the application must be completed before funding consideration can take place. Here are some examples of eligible and ineligible expenses:
Eligible Event Types
INELIGIBLE EVENT TYPES
List of OFSL Grant recipients
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. - Penn Gent
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - 25th Annual Pharaoh's Ball
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - College Brothers' Retreat
- Intercultural Greek Council - We Need to Talk: Black Men Discuss Sexual Violence
- Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity - Phired Up! Workshop
- Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity x Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority, Inc. - Break the Cycle Charity Game Night
- alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc. - Northeast Regional Conference
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. - La Luna Ball
- Sigma Lambda Upsilon / Senoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. - Dean's Training
- Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity x Penn Barbell - Mr./Ms. Penn Recap Panel
- Diversity and Inclusion Board (DIB) - TableTalk: Diversity and Inclusion Board Collaboration
2016-2017 Academic Year
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. - Crescent Ball, December 2016
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - Pharaoh's Ball, January 2017
- Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority - 4th Annual Philanthropy Gala, April 2017
Have further questions about Grant Funding through OFSL? Please contact Kim Bowers or Jo Ann Nasino.