Locust Walk Banner Pole and Table Reservations
The Office of Student Affairs oversees the use of Locust Walk between 36th and 37th Streets, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Only Student Organizations are able to reserve space for banner poles and tabling. Banner Poles and Tables are due before Friday at 4:00 P.M. For weekend or evening needs, please reach out to Perelman Quadrangle.
All reservations must be made through the reservation portal below. All equipment should be picked up at 200 Houston Hall on the first day of a reservation.
As a reminder, any group present on Locust Walk must observe the campus sound guidelines, which limit the use of amplified sound during business hours (9am-5pm) on weekdays. As Locust Walk runs through the heart of campus, groups must be mindful not to disrupt the classes and numerous business functions which occur during these hours. Sound may only be amplified at 10 minutes to the hour and from 12-1pm. Any sound (including but not limited to, music being played, singing songs and chanting) must be kept to a reasonable level. A good guide is not to exceed the noise level of a hairdryer. Individuals should only be able to hear the sound you are creating when they are approaching your table, not as they progress down The Walk.
Click here to access the Locust Walk Banner Pole and Table Reservation Portal. (Please NOTE - This system is ONLY open to Undergraduate and Graduate students.)
A few notes about the system:
- Student groups must be active groups on G.O. Penn in order to receive an approved request. If group is not active, please follow the link here to register group.
- With the exception of Friday, the portal will only allow reservations for the current week. On Fridays, the schedule for the following week becomes available for reservations.
- No reservation is official until you receive a confirmation note from the Office of Student Affairs indicating your request is approved.
- Groups are required to provide a $25 CASH deposit when picking up Banner Poles. Deposits will not be returned should a group fail to return their poles.
- Groups which fail to return poles and/or tables, fail to pick up reserved equipment, or violate the Sound Guidelines may be denied future reservations for Locust Walk. This will be up to the discretion of the OSA Staff and the group will be notified via email.