Alumni Performing Arts Career Symposium
Join us annually for this fantastic opportunity to connect with generous Penn alums in a variety of careers in or related to the performing arts. The symposium offers an opportunity to hear directly from alumni how they built their particular careers with plenty of time for one-on-one contact and networking, don't miss this event.
The 2012 Symposium was held from 2 to 5 pm on Saturday, March 24 in the Platt Student Performing Arts House.
Join these fantastic alums to hear about their career journeys in the arts. (full bios below)
- Carol Fineman - VP for Theatre, Scott Sanders Productions. NY
- Victoria Frings - Actress. NY/Philly
- Trish Sie - Director, Choreographer, Writer, Producer. LA
- Michael Sluchan - VP, Original Scripted Series Programming at USA Network. LA
- Jason Wiley - VP of Marketing, Bad Boy Entertainment. NY
The symposium will run from 2 to 5 pm. With the panel answering general questions and Q & A from the audience for the first 90 minutes and then there will be about 90 minutes of networking time.
Please come prepared with relevant questions. Check out the Career Services Newtorking page for tips.
Co-Sponsors include: Career Services, College Alumni Mentoring Series, the Theatre Arts Program, Cinema Studies, The Music Department, The Heather and Todd Lieberman Fund, SPEC Connaissance, The Media and Entertainment Club, and College Houses and Academic Services.
The 2011 Symposium was held on Saturday April, 9 at the Platt House and featured the follow three fantastic alums:
- Ryan Ly '03 - Television Agent, Creative Artists Agency
- Becca Goland-Van Ryn '06 - Account Executive for Serino Coyne (Theatrical Advertising Agency)
- Elie Landau '94 - Director of Finance & Marketing for 101 Productions, Ltd., a theatrical management firm which handles the current Broadway productions of The Addams Family, Lombardi, Arcadia and The Normal Heart.
Co-Sponsors: Career Services, College Houses and Academic Services, The Music Department, Wharton Media and Entertainment, SPEC Connaisance
Past panelists include actors, dancers, agents, producers, marketing professionals, musicians, choreographers, film execs, lyricists, general managers, development professionals, writers and more!