Make A Gift
Platt Student Performing Arts House provides leadership and support for the creation and implementation of arts programming for students at the University of Pennsylvania. Become part of the magic by contributing to our mission and supporting our students.
Contributions to Platt House support all student performing artists: singers, dancers, musicians, comedians, spoken word artists, and thespians, as well as a broad spectrum of visual artists on campus. Platt House is more than a rehearsal facility; it is a home-away-from-home for hundreds of Penn students. Your gift helps us:
- Advise student artists and provide production support
- Support special collaborative productions including Freshmen Performing Arts Night (FPAN), Family Performing Arts Night (FamPAN), Charitable Laughter, Emily Sachs Dance Benefit, TAC-e One Acts, and ACKapalooza.
- Offer programs such as After School Arts at Penn, PennArts Pre-Orientation Program, master classes, career mentoring, and more
- Maintain an effective and safe facility conducive to productive and fun rehearsals by maintaining pianos, sprung floors, mirrors, and other fixtures (a goal for Platt House is better sound-proofing rehearsal rooms!)
- Update and maintain audio/visual equipment such as light boards, sound boards, microphones, slide projectors, keyboards, amplifiers, and rehearsal room sound systems
- Secure portable mirrors and barres to transform any space into a dance rehearsal room
- Improve PAC Shop power tools and safety equipment
Qualifying gifts made to the Platt House are recognized with engraved stars on "The Star Wall" at the main entrance-way into Platt House. Become a Platt House Star today!