Instructions for Submission of Health Information Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
The University of Pennsylvania requires all incoming full-time and all students living in campus housing to be compliant with these requirements. Students will submit this information via a secure website.
The deadline for submitting immunization records for incoming Fall 2018 students is July 1, 2018.
Before beginning, you must have an active PennKey.
For PennKey Setup instructions, go to www.penn10.info.
Important: If you receive a message stating that you are not yet in the database, please try again later. If this persists passed the first week of January please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Complete the first 3 online forms
- Go to https://shs.upenn.edu
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate
- Click on FORMS and complete the following forms (you might need to have a parent or someone who knows your medical history next to you while you answer the questions.
- Notification of Privacy Practices
- TB Risk Screening
- Health History
Step 2: Visit your medical provider
- Bring your Immunization Worksheet, which was mailed with this letter.
- Have your medical provider complete the Immunization Worksheet.
- The worksheet must include your provider's name, title and phone number.
- The medical provider must SIGN the form.
- Also ask your medical provider for a copy of your full immunization records.
Step 3: Complete the online Immunizations Page
- Go back to https://shs.upenn.edu.
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate.
- Click on FORMS and choose Immunizations Page.
- Enter your past immunization information into the electronic form, using your Immunization Worksheet as a guide. Proceed immediately to Step 4.
Step 4: Submit your immunization documents (You should still be logged into the Immunizations Page from Step 3)
- Scan or take high-resolution photos of your signed Immunization Worksheet and other immunization records (please make certain the copy is legible). Upload by clicking the button "Add immunization record" on the Immunizations Page
- If you are finished, click the button "Submit Final"
- If you have any problems, please contact the Immunization Compliance Office.
For your medical privacy, do not email records to us. To comply with United States HIPAA regulations, we will communicate with you about your records through Secure Message.
Go to https://www.vpul.upenn.edu/shs/securemessaging.php for instructions on Secure Messages. If you don't have access to this system yet, please call 215.746.3535, press option 4 then 5.
- Has your healthcare provider completed the Immunization Worksheet, including signing/stamping and contact information?
- Have you gotten copies of original records/blood test reports with your Immunization Worksheet?
Frequently Asked Questions for Submission: