Instructions for Submission of Health Information Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
The University of Pennsylvania requires all incoming full-time and all students living in campus housing to be compliant with these requirements. Students will submit this information via a secure website.
The deadline for submitting immunization records for incoming Fall 2019 students is July 1, 2019.
Before beginning, you must have an active PennKey.
For PennKey Setup instructions, go to www.penn10.info.
Important: If you receive a message stating that you are not yet in the database, please try again later. If this persists please contact our office at email@example.com.
Step 1: Complete the first 3 online forms
- Go to https://shs.upenn.edu
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate
- Click on FORMS and complete the following forms (you might need to have a parent or someone who knows your medical history next to you while you answer the questions.
- Notification of Privacy Practices
- TB Risk Screening
- Health History
Step 2: Visit your medical provider
- For Healthcare (Nursing, Dental, Medical) students: Bring your Immunization Form, and have your medical provider complete the form.
- For Non-Healthcare Students: Ask your medical provider for a copy of your full immunization records. You and your provider may use the Immunization worksheet to provide a clearer picture of your immunization records prior to completing step 3.
Step 3: Complete the online Immunizations Page
- Go back to https://shs.upenn.edu.
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate.
- Click on FORMS and choose Immunizations Page.
- Enter your past immunization information into the electronic form, using your Immunization Worksheet as a guide. Proceed immediately to Step 4.
Step 4: Submit your immunization documents
(You should still be logged into the Immunizations Page from Step 3)
- Scan or take high-resolution photos of your signed Immunization Worksheet and other immunization records (please make certain the copy is legible). Upload by clicking the button "Add immunization record" on the Immunizations Page
- If you are finished, click the button "Submit Final"
- If you have any problems, please contact the Immunization Compliance Office.
For your medical privacy, do not email records to us. To comply with United States HIPAA regulations, we will communicate with you about your records through Secure Message. Go to https://www.vpul.upenn.edu/shs/securemessaging.php for instructions on Secure Messages. If you don't have access to this system yet, please call 215.746.3535.
Healthcare Professional (HCP) Students:Immunization Form
|Penn Key information|