Women's Health provides a range of services, including but not limited to gynecological care, contraception counseling and prescriptions, preventive care, and STI testing. All services are confidential. Care in our Women's Health section is welcoming, inclusive, and judgement-free. Appointments for gynecological and reproductive care at Women's Health are available to Penn's gender diverse community.
Women's Health appointments can be scheduled online or by calling 215.746.3535. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
You can click on the links below for more information.
- Contraception (birth control) and Contraception Education
- Emergency Contraception ("EContra EZ" or "Ella")
- You can now purchase EContra EZ emergency contraception directly from the SHS cashier, without an appointment. Please print and complete --> this form <-- and bring it to the cashier (or she can give you one to complete), and you can purchase EContra EZ (generic Plan B) for $20.00. You need an appointment to purchase Ella and it costs $25.00.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- HPV Vaccine
- Lactation locations
- Medication refills
- Penn Family Center
- Penn Women's Center free kits for breast pumps
- Pregnancy Testing and Options Counseling
- Sexual Wellness
- Sexuality Issues
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's)
- Urgent Care visits
- Breast and Pelvic Exams
- Women's health related nutrition concerns
Besides routine check-ups or to obtain contraception, you are welcome to schedule an appointment if you have any of the following symptoms or concerns:
- Abnormal or heavy vaginal discharge that itches, burns, has an odor, or causes you discomfort
- Heavy vaginal bleeding, missed periods or irregular menstrual cycles
- Bleeding between periods (spotting or break through bleeding)
- Painful intercourse
- Menstrual cramps that cause you to miss school or work
- Any signs of pregnancy
- Side effects or problems from your birth control method
- Breast pain, lump, or discharge from the nipple
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) symptoms
Click here for information on pelvic care and sexual health services for trans or gender non-conforming patients at SHS.