Developed over the course of several months by a working group comprised on faculty, staff, and students of varying involvements with Civic House, the Civic House Social Justice Framework and Theory of Change guide our work with students and community partners.
Civic House Social Justice Framework
- Exploration of self-awareness and identity, including addressing issues of privilege, oppression, and power
- Exploration of root causes of social issues including an analysis of intersecting injustices on individual, organizational, and institutional levels
- Engagement in praxis â" cycles of action and critical reflection meant to enhance learning and critical thinking and lead to thoughtful action
- Exploration of different approaches to achieving justice
- Emphasis on mutually beneficial collaborations with community members
Civic House Theory of Change
For a larger version of this image, click here.